Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

2nd week of classes

This is just a quick update. I just started my 2nd week of mandated classes that are used to teach us about safe sex, jag rights, healthy living, and the advancements in medication that are used to fight HIV today. When I first started these classes last week I didn't want to be there cause I was still mad at the world and didn't want to be around anyone. I made friends with the other guys in my class very quickly which helped out alot. I found a support group which really seems to help in a time like this. Some of the guys in the class have been living with HIV for 15 plus years so they knew how to answer the questions that all the new guys like myself really wanted to know. The classes offer some really good information that seem to help out alot in reasuring that this is not a death sentence like it was back in the 80's.

Some useful links that they gave us which seem very useful and informative:
www.thebody.com
www.poz.com
www.militaryonesource.com

No comments:

Post a Comment