Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Story

So about a month ago I was asked by JD Smith to write a story for a book being released by OutServe. I wrote about my experiences being gay and having HIV in the military. I wasn't expecting too much out of it and I wasn't really expecting my story to be picked but today I got news. I got a email from JD today saying that my story made the cut from the publisher and the book is schedualed to be released after the repeal of DADT. I should be getting the edited version of my story back sometime this week or next. I will try to post the story if they allow me too.

2 comments:

  1. good on you for speaking out. make sure they dont edit your story too much. I did one for BBC many years back and had to work on editing the edits :) be sure you get the story you want to put across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry it took me so long to see this. My story was not published in the OutServe book, I was never told why. I was later asked if I could do a story for Out Network and they did publish it on their website.

      Delete