Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Been to long...

Wow it really has been a very long time since I have done an update in this thing. I am so sorry.

Well to chatch up with what has been going on.  In August of 2011 I was honorably discharged from the Marines.  I have moved from San Diego back to the east coast.  I was actually medically retired so now I am recieving all my medical treatment through the VA.  Adjusting to civilian life has been kind of hard because of all the freedom that you dont get while serving in the military.  I have enrolled in school and about to finish my 3rd semester. I am majoring in Information Security Technology.  I figured why not since I worked on computers while in the Marines and it is something I really enjoy doing.

On to more about how it has been with my HIV... To be honest not much has changed.  I am still not on meds because my CD4 count has been staying between 950 and 1135 (which I have been told is pretty good for going on over 3 years now).  My viral load has been jumping around some.  It got up to 33, 000 but it has been droping back down on its own.  I think last I had it checked it was around 18, 000 or so.  I have been thinking about going ahead and just starting meds but I keep putting it off.  I plan on starting on the new quad drug Stribild when I do finally decide to start.  Another reason my doctor and I have been putting it off is because I have been having elivated liver eenzymes.  Had to have a liver biopsy back earlier this year.  It pretty much showed that I have fatty tissue in my liver and was told I really need to loose some weight.

I have gotten pretty heavy. When I graduated from Boot Camp I weight a wopping 135lbs and by the time I got out of the Marines I was at 200lbs (yeah I know that is FAT when you are as short as I am).  I have been dieting, I have cut out all meat and most junk food and almost all of my sodas.  I am also back in the gym just about everyday doing some hardcore workouts.  I have done good so far, in the past 2 months I have droped about 22lbs, so I am pretty happy but still have a very long way to go.  I also am starting to do some 5k races, I have one coming up this Sunday and kind of excited about it.

Well that is about enough for this post because if most of you are like me you dont like to read long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment