Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Funny thing is...

I was asked today how being HIV positive has changed my social life. I find it funny that I was asked that today after just making a blog post that touched on the same exact thing just this week.  It is such a tough question to truly answer because there are so many aspects of my life that has changed since I found out I was positive. So to truly be able to pinpoint the exact things that have changed due to my status is nearly impossible.  I was also given some very good advice today from the same person who asked me the first question that I just felt like I needed to share.

"You know what's funny? Hope. Sometimes having hope is necessary to move on and other times not having hope is liberating. Unfortunately, for people like us - we have to live with the wrong end of hope."

Yes I know that can sound alittle depressing when you think about having no hope but sometimes it is just nice to live for today and not worry about what tomorrow brings for life always has a way of working out.

I do still have hope that one day I will find my soul mate, someone to grow old with, who will always love me for me even with my faults and baggage.  But at the same time I am not spending every day out looking for that one special person, because if I spend all my time and energy hunting something I dont have then I will never get to fully enjoy the gifts that I am blessed with.

So my last words of wisdom for the day are "Stay strong, and live each day as it is your last. Have no regrets and keep pushing forward even when it seems impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment