Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Stereotypes in the South

Everyone thinks of the south as back woods, closed minded, and stuck in the past and I hate to say it but for the most part they are right when it comes to HIV.  Even in the gay community we are shunned and shut out.  You would think that being gay and knowing what it is like to be concidered a outcast of society, that they would be slower to judge someone and push them out.  I find it very interesting that when a guy finds out I am HIV+ they suddenly cant talk to me anymore because I might infect them through casual conversation or some shit like that.  In the south it is hard enough being gay but being gay and HIV+  is almost unbearable.

I have pretty much become a recluse, I dont go out except with a select few friends.  What is the point of going to the bar or on a date and attempt to get to know someone for them just to drop you and act like you dont exist when they find out about your status.  Pretty much come to the conclusion that as long as I stay here I am going to be alone. So the delima is do I move to a place when it is more excepted and leave my home, family, and friends or do I stay knowing that I will probably always be alone?

What to do?  I love the south and I am a good ol'southern boy but damn these people are so  close minded.

I am going to call it a night cause I killed it in the gym today.

I will keep posting updates if people let me know they are reading them and interested. I have very interested to hear some of the stereotypes others have experienced due to HIV.


No comments:

Post a Comment