Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

About time to really introduce myself.

I know I have been keeping this blog for the past 3+ years and I have for the most part kept my identity private and that was all for good reason.  When I was first diagnosed I was still in the military as you know and at the time DADT was still in effect so I did not want it getting out who I was and it getting back to the military.

So here it is... My name is Brian Ledford, I am 27 years old and born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina.  I have never lived out of North Carolina except for my time in the military.  I would say I am a southern boy by heart mixed with a little bit of pretty boy (all in a good way).  I am still not out to most of my family just for the simple reason I want to do it when I have found the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I graduated from high school in 2004 and then started college at Western Carolina University.  I kind of liked to party too much and let my grades slip, so I was polity asked to leave after spring semester in 2005.  I moved back to Charlotte and started attending Central Piedmont Community College and after awhile I decided that college just wasn't right for me at that point in my life.  In 2007 I signed up to join the Marines and was shipped to Boot Camp in Jan 2008. (Not going to get into a lot of my military past in this post because most of what you need to know about me is already in the blog.)  My MOS was 0651 (yes I am a computer nerd) and was stationed at MCAS Miramar in San Diego, CA.  I was Honorably Discharged in July 2011 with a Medical Retirement.

After my discharged I moved back to Charlotte to be closer to my family and friends who have been my support group through all this.  I am currently enrolled at Gaston College and studying Information Security Technologies. I am finally at the point where college is what I want to do, so I am spending more of my time studying and much less time partying.  I guess that comes with getting older.  I am still not sure what I want to do for the rest of my life but hey I still have plenty of time to figure it out.  I am not employed right now just for the simple fact that I am not sure what I want to do.  I need to find some kind of part time job for the summer just so I am not sitting around so much doing nothing.  ***If anyone knows of anything please let me know***

Well now you know a little more about me and hope it helps to be able to relate with my story.

 This is me while I was in the Marines.
This is me at one of my best friends weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment