Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Long day

As you know I had my 3 month appointment today with the ID Doc. Everything is still alright and my number look decent (according to the doc). I personally am not very happy with them. My CD4 is at 737 and 31%, while my viral load continues to go down and is at 14, 322.  Now these numbers were taken back in Feburary so who know what they are now.  I have an appointment again on Tuesday to get labs done again, so keeping fingers crossed that CD4 is back up again.  This is the lowest it has ever been but I guess it is still not that bad for 3+ years and no meds. Also the precentage still looks pretty good so nothing to be worried about yet.

On to the meds... My doctor and I discussed starting on Stribild today because we both feel that it is the best choice for me.  We decided to hold off a little while longer to see if we can get my liver enzymes back in check.  They were still a little elivated and we are not really sure of the cause.  So we dont want to add a new med that is metabolized by the liver till we figure it out.  He said the only reason we would need to start them anyway is if my new lab results show that I need to start.

I also recieved the new pneumonia vaccine today.  It seems like every time I go up there they want to stick me with something else.  And you would think that a person with multiple tattoos and piercings would not have a problem with shots but I still can not watch them.

So this is pretty much all that is new and was discussed today. Well almost all that was discussed, they still keep trying to push an anal pap smear on me but I just have a hard time letting someone I hardly know do something like that. Call me prudish but I just dont feel comfortable with that. Maybe once I have established a better relationship with my doctor I will think about it.

Now it is time for me to get my beauty sleep cause I have to be up early to go yardsalen'.

No comments:

Post a Comment