Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Support Systems

You know for most of us our family and closest friends are our main support system when faced with HIV.  Well what do you do when you know your family wants to support you but they just don't understand and do not know how?  You see, in my family everyone knows my status but it is one of those thing we don't talk about and I know it makes them uncomfortable to talk about it so I choose to not bring it up.  I know they want to be there for me but they just don't understand what I am really going through so I am faced with dealing with tnis pretty much alone.  That is one reason I keep this blog because it gives me a source to talk about my status openly.

Please don't get me wrong I love that my family want to help and I appreciate everything they have done for me, it is just they truely do not understand.

I don't believe many actually understand what it is like to live with HIV and what all we are going through, that is until they are directly effected by it.  Yes there are many out there that support but I don't think they umderstand deep down.  It is just like with anyone facing any ailment, we can be there for them but we do not really understand what they are going through until we are put in their shoes.

I find for me the most supportive are those I have meet along this journey who are also traveling down the same path I am.  And for me there are not many of those who I feel like I can truely relate to and understand, and there are even few of them now that I am back in NC.  I left the best support system in Cali when I was discharged.

I think that is all for the night...
Well I would also like to know if I snould keep posting poems.  What do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment