Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Stigmas About HIV

I want to start out by saying I hope that everyone had a blessed Independence Day and remember it is not just a day of partying with friends.  Mine was great, spent it on the lake with great friends and having fun.  Well all except the part where I have to now replace my cell and Ipod cause they took a bath.

I want to know what kinds of stigmas everyone has had to face due to HIV.  are you like me and have found that it seems a lot harder to find a meaninful relationship?  Or have you noticed that once people find out abour your status that they become "scared" to even just talk to you, like they can catch it from a conversation.  Why are we concidered a taboo evenin our own community?

What can we do to help end this stigma aginst people who are living with HIV/AIDS?  It is through works of groups like The Stigma Project and other orginizations that we can help put a stop to this.

We as a community need to stand up and put faces to this disease so that everyone will realize we are just normal people trying to live a normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment