Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Club

Last night was interesting to say the least.  I was talked into and agreed to go to Scorpios which is a gay club here in Charlotte.  You have to realize this is the first time I have been to the club since before I left San Diego.  All I have to say is I am not as young as I use to be.  It was $10 cover to get in and came with free house vodka drinks all night.  Yeah I had my fare share of free drinks and I was pretty drunk by the time we left at after 2am, and it has taken me most the day to recover from it.  I guess 27 is getting to old to be going out and acting like a 21 year old.

The one thing that really got my attention last night besides the Drag Queens, was how the gay community as a whole is really promiscuous.  Guys who just meet at the club were already making out and dancing like they belonged behind closed doors.  I know I have been guilty of this in my past, but I guess as I get older I pay more attention to whats going on around me.

Dont get me wrong, I have no problem with having fun and letting loose sometimes, but it is  this type of behavior that gets people into situations like the one I am in.  When you go out getting drunk you are more likely to enguage in risky behavior with guys you dont know that well.  Just cause he may look cute in the bar dosnt mean it is alright to just go home with him and have unprotected sex.

Guys if you want to go out and have fun please just be smart about it.  It is only through being smart that we can put an end to HIV.


1 comment:

  1. I have noticed that too. I know guys that I am surprised they are not pregnant or something hasn't fallen off

    ReplyDelete