Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Follow up to "Let's talk about SEX"

I recieved these words from a reader and he gave me permission to post them and my response to them.


     "Loneliness takes hold when we feel disconnected. For example, when you are fighting a battle and no one has your 6, or going through a hardship and no one is there to hold you up, or you're lost and confused about your purpose in life with no one to guide your thoughts, or have no one to help you find a solution to a mindwracking problem, or, alas, no one to massage your tired muscles after a stressful day of work.
     So the question I'll pose to you is, does the act of sex truly satisfy that yearning for a connection? I see so many guys seek out casual, or more importantly, risky sex as a means to assuage that fretful feeling of loneliness. But to me, it's all farse as those encounters are just fleeting exchanges between parties who confuse animalistic powerplays, horniness and getting off with an intimate physical connection. Recently I've learned that human sexuality isn't intended to be animalistic. In fact, the most amazing and worthwhile sex I've had is when there is another dimension to the connection that's goes beyond just the physical attraction (or for some, just the physical action without even the attraction). Yes, human sexuality is physical in ved this message from a reader and he gave me promission to use them in a post."

I totally agree that when loneliness takes hold, or you are going through something we seek out some kind of human connection.  Even if that connection is purely physical and could be harmful, we are not thinking a out what could happen down the road, we are only thinking about here and now.  I think that while we think like that, things like HIV will keep spreading.

To answer your direct question. No, if it did we would not keep going back to it over and over again. Yes, it may work for a few brief moments but when it is over we feel empty again and in no time we are seeking out a new connection.  A relationship that is built on nothing but a physical connection never really satisfies our need for a true connection.  Most of us do not know what a true connection is with someone on more than one level.  We dont know how to connect to someone physically, emotionally and on many other levels so we settle for that few moments and will do whatever it takes to get them.  It is like a drug addict. They just keep going back to the same thing knowing that it is harmful and could kill them.

I hope this answered your question.  I know my thought process is kind of hard to follow and I am jumping around quit a bit.

  And please if anyone else wants to comment or leave me a message I welcome it.


No comments:

Post a Comment