Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Support Groups (rant)

Why does it seem so damn hard to find a support group in my area?  I have e-mailed multiple organizations in my area asking for information about support groups that according to their websites they offer and have not had a single response from any of them.    Oh I take that back... I recieved an auto reply back from one organization saying that someone will be in contact with me within the next 24 hours, and guess what.  Yep you are right I never heard from them.

I know in other cities have awesome support groups, so why is it so hard to find one in my city?  I have had the privledge of meeting quit a few HIV + men in my area but I have not had a chance to go to a group since I left California.   I think support groups are a vital and important part of HIV treatment.  It gives us a chance not only to talk about issues in a place where we are less likely to be judged, but it is also a great way to find out about new treatments and care.

Sorry felt like having a rant tonight.

If anyone has any info about who I could e-mail about finding a group in Charlotte please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment