Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kidney Stones

It all started this past Sunday when I was waking up.  My back felt like it had a really bad catch in it.  At first I did not think much about it, I figured I had either slept on it wrong or moved wrong the day before.  While eatting breakfast the pain started to get more intense and was moving.  I knew then that something else was wrong.  I was pretty sure I knew what it was but never having one before I was not certain.  All I knew is I had never been in this much pain in my life.

After about 2 hours of pacing the house because I was in so much pain , I got my mom to drive me to the closest VA Emergency Room.  That hour and a half car ride was true hell.  The pain had made me sick to my stomach a few times which then reaulted in violent dry heaving that made it all hurt worse.

Finally got to the ER and only had to wait about 20 min till thwy took me back.  They did a CT scan which confirmed I was right and that I did have a stone.  There was not much they said they could do so they sent me home with some meds that would make it easier to pass.

Well to make a long story short, I have not felt like doing anything since this past Sunday.  In the ER they told me to contact my Primary Care Dr if it was still hurting in 48 hours.  I called them yesterday and told them I was still having pain and it felt like anotherone was moving.  The nurse pulled up the CT scan and said that was a possibility because it showed I had a few of them.  They then told me I needed to go back to the ER because there was nothing they could do for me at primary care.  *God I hate getting the run around with the VA but it seems to be normal practice to them.

Decided not to go today because I thought I had passed one or passed something that got cought in the little strainer they are making me pee in.  But the pain has started back in my back where it started on Sunday so I guess I will go tomorrow.  At least to get some more pain meds.

They say people get these usually from eating too much animal product, well if that is the case I should never get one. Only animal products I eat are cheese and eggs.  Also said dark cokes could cause them or high salt intake.

I have been drinking so much fluids that I feel like I am floating.  Everyone keeps telling me to drink a beer to help clean out my kidneys but I cant do that with the meds I am on so I have to settle for green tea and lots of water.

I hope it gets better before tomorrow so I dont have to go back to the ER and I dont know how much more time I can spend in the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment