Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

"All in my head"

This poem is not about HIV, but instead the deep depression I sunk into not long after I was diagnoised.  I appologize now if all my poems seem dark but I write from my heart and I cant tell it what to feel.

"All in my Head"
By: Brian L

I write from my soul,
Of a life seen through my eyes.
These trials have taken a toll,
But they are my own cries.

Cries out about a past,
Or a unseen future yet to be.
How life seems to pass so fast,
Open your eyes and you will see.

See a life that was torn apart,
As it tried to start anew.
Filling this hole in my heart,
All the while as the pain grew.

Grew into someone I did not know,
And hated to be around.
I had changed and it started to show,
I felt like I was bound.

Bound to a life that was not my own,
A stranger in my own mind.
Always feeling like I was alone.
And that I was truly blind.

Blind to the love I could not feel.
Numb to the pain inside.
None of the world seemed so real,
It felt as if I had died.

Died and gone to a unknown place,
A place where time stood still.
Where all had fallen from grace.
But I had to learn to deal.

Deal with the the reality,
For I was not yet dead.
Faced with my own mortality,
I had to realize it was all in my head.







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appologise for having to remove the comment but this is my private blog and is not a place to advertise spam.

    ReplyDelete