Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"The Face"

I wrote this poem mostly for a little closure for myself, because I can not remember who it was that I contracted this disease from.  I have spend a lot of time thinking about it and all that I ever accomplish is feeling more depressed. So here is to closure.


"The Face"
By: Brian L

The nameless face in my mind,
Haunting me for the rest of time.
A face I have come to dread,
The last I will see before I'm dead.

The face that took so much away,
Caused my sanity to sway.
Caused me so much more than pain,
I live my life shrouded in shame.

The face that looked so sincere,
Has filled me with nothing but fear.
Has filled me with doubt and distrust,
And for you nothing but disgust.

The face gave me something in return,
Something that has made my insides churn.
Something that I will die with,
And without me it can not live.

The face I remeber but not who you were,
Just one night that seems a blur.
Just one night is all it took,
And you stole my health like a crook.

The face is not all to blame,
Part of this story is mine to claim.
Part of this I did to myself,
And that is bad enough in itself.

The face was lying the whole time,
Told me that I would be fine.
Told me to just trust in him
So I went out on a limb.

The face did not tell me he was ailing,
And that his immun system was failing.
And that there is no cure,
Now with HIV I must endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment